Another look at my stats: browser use



Now that my blog has been extant for two months, I thought I'd compare more of the traffic statistics I can glean. Blogger itself provides some basic information (their penchant for only displaying the top 10 entries is starting to bother me), so I've taken a look at the all time breakdown of my visitors' browser choices:


Pageviews by Browsers
Firefox
480 (49%)
Internet Explorer
170 (17%)
Safari
155 (15%)
Chrome
97 (9%)
Mobile
49 (5%)
Mobile Safari
19 (1%)
Opera
2 (<1%)
SimplePie
2 (<1%)


Overall, this is what Searchengineland says are the latest stats for browser use courtesy of Chitika, who studied North American usage. IE is (still) just holding the majority of all users:













And also from the same article, people who read Searchengineland use these browsers (I'm thinking these numbers represent their global audience, though it wasn't clearly specified):

sel-stats-google


So, it's safe to say that I have a disproportionately small share of IE users, although that's in comparison to a North American only study. There are surprisingly lower numbers of Chrome users, too. I wonder who the SimplePie users are. And whether I should try to keep the posts mobile-friendly, to cater to the 6% of the readership.

Comments

  1. I use Firefox, primarily on Linux (Fedora) so I might be contributing a bit to the skew ;-).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All time popular posts

Is larger (PPC) better? Size matters, but... the #G+ strategy

「ほとんど日本人と異ならないですね」

Google+ increasing its reach