Who my readers are (so far)... by country

It should be unsurprising to my readers, that this blog itself has been an experiment in SEO. From its inception (e.g. which service I selected to host it), to its traffic analysis, thus far I've learned a bit and questioned much.

For interests' sake, the all-time visitor breakdown by country (which could be skewed by anyone spoofing their IP, of course) is the following:

United States        
250
Canada
                  92
Austria
                   74
France                   
74
Australia
                45
Japan
                     18
Germany
                13
United Kingdom
       9
Russia
                      8
India
                        5

Some counts make perfect sense: I can trace back the majority of Austrian and Australian visits to people whom I know. In the US, I can thank Mick for being such a faithful reader and commenter, although not all the American traffic is likely to be solely attributable to him. :)

In other countries, however, I'm left with enigmas. There seems to be one prolific French reader, and I'm not sure who the Japanese visitors might be, although I can guess that either my Facebook wall feeds or my inbound link from my other, cobwebby personal blog are the two most likely sources.


I'd like to offer an open invitation for more feedback from any of my mystery readers (preferably in languages I can understand, but I'll rise up to challenges unless they're TLM like Finnish (two level morphology) or in Cyrillic...)

Comments

  1. Interesting breakdown. Now I'll have to go look up "two level morphology" - that's a new one on me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All time popular posts

Is larger (PPC) better? Size matters, but... the #G+ strategy

「ほとんど日本人と異ならないですね」

Google+ increasing its reach